Snatch.
Since this is quite a serious topic, I opted to use English as my medium. Why? If I would use Filipino, none of you would take this post seriously and I would end up making fun of something. Well, today I have a grim issue to discuss.
This morning, while I was headed for the train station, something weird happened. Since I was feeling quite heady and I looked so carefree[yes, I did], some guy attempted to snatch my phone; and on top of that, tried to run me through with a sharp file. I didn't notice him immediately until he almost crashed into me. I suppose he was testing that pick-pocket technique where you bump into the victim and pretend like you weren't up to something stupid. Well, since I know how that technique works, I was able to prevent the oaf from snatching the phone out of my pocket[he saw me hide it there]. Though this is really unusual of me, I didn't go after him, hurt him or even taunt him for being an amateur snatcher[as my brother told me I should have done]. After his attempt to steal my phone, I felt a sudden adrenaline rush. The thing happened too fast or I was just too careless. Well, lesson learned is that I should be on guard every time even when I'm with friends and especially when I'm alone.
Now, how was I able to dodge him? It's simple. I jumped away from him. Well, if you're flexible enough, you can run away from someone like the one I met. Well, actually, now that I think about it, you don't need to be so flexible anyway. He was easy to get away from, not that I'm underestimating him.
Still, when you're going to try what I did, always remember this: if you're next to a road, high way, cliff, piranha pool, lava pool, etc, don't attempt to do it. You'll just kill yourself, you know. I was on a roadside back then and I could have gotten myself runover but as I said, I was acting like an idiot without a care in the world. Unfortunately/fortunately, there were no vehicles passing by. When you're going to try what I pulled, take distance and terrain into consideration. If you jump and trip over a rock, you just put yourself in an even worse situation. Please, don't act like an imbecile.
To avoid these things, here are some tips...
Well, that's just about it. Be careful out there.
P. S. Take this seriously. You wouldn't know when you'll need it or regret it.
This morning, while I was headed for the train station, something weird happened. Since I was feeling quite heady and I looked so carefree[yes, I did], some guy attempted to snatch my phone; and on top of that, tried to run me through with a sharp file. I didn't notice him immediately until he almost crashed into me. I suppose he was testing that pick-pocket technique where you bump into the victim and pretend like you weren't up to something stupid. Well, since I know how that technique works, I was able to prevent the oaf from snatching the phone out of my pocket[he saw me hide it there]. Though this is really unusual of me, I didn't go after him, hurt him or even taunt him for being an amateur snatcher[as my brother told me I should have done]. After his attempt to steal my phone, I felt a sudden adrenaline rush. The thing happened too fast or I was just too careless. Well, lesson learned is that I should be on guard every time even when I'm with friends and especially when I'm alone.
Now, how was I able to dodge him? It's simple. I jumped away from him. Well, if you're flexible enough, you can run away from someone like the one I met. Well, actually, now that I think about it, you don't need to be so flexible anyway. He was easy to get away from, not that I'm underestimating him.
Still, when you're going to try what I did, always remember this: if you're next to a road, high way, cliff, piranha pool, lava pool, etc, don't attempt to do it. You'll just kill yourself, you know. I was on a roadside back then and I could have gotten myself runover but as I said, I was acting like an idiot without a care in the world. Unfortunately/fortunately, there were no vehicles passing by. When you're going to try what I pulled, take distance and terrain into consideration. If you jump and trip over a rock, you just put yourself in an even worse situation. Please, don't act like an imbecile.
To avoid these things, here are some tips...
- ALWAYS BE ON GUARD. I don't think I need to explain something so trivial.
- As much as you can, don't show a weak spot or opening. Only an idiot would do something like that.
- Then there's this attire thing. Girls, if you don't want to be violated or abused, don't wear clothes that allow minimal movements. How can you defend yourself if you're wearing a petticoat, right?
- If you're comfortable with it, wear stilletos, particularly the sharp ones. Studies show that thugs hesitate when a girl is wearing stilletos since they can use them to pierce the attacker.
- Wear running shoes or sneakers. It's for running[duh] and it's easier to kick their faces with it.
Well, that's just about it. Be careful out there.
P. S. Take this seriously. You wouldn't know when you'll need it or regret it.

1 Comments:
sabi ko na nga ba dapat nagsti-stilletos ako hheheheh
saka magbaon ka na rin ng pepper spray.
if all else fails kick balls in case of emergency
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home